What did you think about tonights Obama ad?

Just wondering what your opinion was. I ask that we please keep this post respectful to everyone's opinions. Thanks ladies!

dragonfly7271

Asked by dragonfly7271 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am voting for Obama, but I didn't see anything new in it that I didn't already know. I do think that perhaps some people who maybe didn't really know where he stood on some things will have a better idea now. I think if you were for Obama before the ad, you still are. If you weren't, you still aren't.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think he just won over many undecided voters. I think it was a brilliant move on his part, and he just solidified this election. I also think many future candidates will follow in his footsteps. He brilliantly spoke to the average american, laid out all of his policies in simple, easy to understand terms.

my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I was at trunk or treat and didn't get to watch it- anyone know where I can watch it online??
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 9:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• On our evening news, the political reporter had a spot about his ad tonight, and he said that he wondered if Obama's extravagance would be his Achilles Heel. He compared it to the DNC, saying it was such a moving convention with Ted Kennedy's appearance and Hillary's speech, but then it ended in this huge outdoor stadium beneath these giant Greek columns, which didn't seem appropriate for a person championing his connection to the Middle Class.

He went on to say that Palin was criticized by the RNC for clothing they bought her, but Obama's been praised for the amount of money spent by his campaign in advertising. People have seemingly looked the other way when it comes to how much he's spent.

Anonymous

• (Second)
    When I watched the ad, this was in the back of my mind, and I realized that the questions I had about Obama going into were the same coming out of it. He really didn't answer anything for me. I was surprised and disappointed. He's estimated to have spent between 4 and 5 million on this ad, and it did nothing for this voter.
    Anonymous

• i was moved quite a bit by some of the personal stories.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I only got to watch the last 10 minutes of it, but I will watch the rest of it on the interent when my husband gets home. I think it was a brilliant move to make and I don't care if he spent millions on the commerical. Thats why we the Obama supporters gave money to his campaign. All that money was donated, raised and or given to his cause and purpose... Not on some stupid clothes. The money I think was well spent. He's getting his message out. Obama 08
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I watched it and it did nothing for me. This just proved he will say anything to get the job. Sorry JMO. The money he spent on this could of been used to feed the hungry ppl in America.
    Anonymous

• I think he should have given that million dollars to all his followers with their hands out right now, they could have spent it on lottery tickets or cigarettes.
    Anonymous

• A million dollars for that? What a waste of money, he hasn't said anything new since last May.
    Anonymous