I am 4-5 weeks can I have a glass of wine or a half? If so, does it have to be red????

Will it hurt the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• everyone is going to tell you alcohol is bad!

but in every country but America, women drink while pregnant. one glass of wine is not going to hurt the baby. can be any color you want :)

drinking a glass every day or getting drunk every day will though.
    Anonymous

• it needs to be red if you do drink it.
    Anonymous

• they only suggest it be red because red wine has a little iron in it.
    Anonymous

• http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006053131662

this is real answers to your question instead of the ones just saying NO.  :) HTH

Anonymous

• It's true...America is the ONLY country where they tell you to have NO alcohol. I've lived abroad, and was overseas for a while when I was pregnant. People couldn't believe that I turned down even a small glass of wine. It WON'T hurt the baby. Like the first person said, a little isn't going to hurt. In Italy, they actually encourage pregnant women to have a glass of wine now and then. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• another note- many women don't even know they are pregnant at that time (4-5 weeks) and go as far as to get drunk during that time until they get a HPT. baby comes out fine.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous@8;22...I beg to differ. You are correct that many women don't know they are pregnant at that stage and do go out and get drunk. They do not all come out fine. I am raising a grandchild with Fetal Alcohol Exposure. Her mother did not know she was pregnant and got roaring drunk ONCE in the first 10 weeks. My grnadchilds biggest affliction is her facial dysmorphia (her face is not normal shaped)...one time. If you are of child bearing age and you drink, use birth control.
    As for the original questions a glass of wine now and then is no big sweat...I would avoid all alcohol in the first 12 weeks though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• why cant you just wait 9 months to have a glass of wine? i hate when people ask this over and over again. would you rather take a chance hurting your baby to get a little buzz?
    Anonymous