super painful false labor.. any help?

i am just about 34 weeks along now. i have been dealing with false labor for 2 weeks already and it is getting worse everyday. i had this with my last pregnancy but not this early and not this painful. i had to quit my job! i can barely take care of my kids and my home. i broke down enough last week from the pain that i took a lortab. . i feel guilty but i wanted to die. last night it was so painful it woke me at 3 am and i just cried in bed for an hour til i passed out. i cannot imagine another 6 weeks of this. any ideas for what i can do? anyone else dealing with this?

VelvetCat

Asked by VelvetCat at 9:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you talked to your DR. about this?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Call your ob or midwife asap and let them know what is going on.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yeah we talked about it last week at our appointment. I am gonna call him today and updae him, since it is seeming to get more painful.
    VelvetCat

Comment by VelvetCat (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I was gonna say, call your OB immediately. To get this kind of pain and this excrutiating THIS early on, is not really normal (usually). I'm almost 34 weeks and I get false labor, but it lasts a short time.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Mine is not consistent.. it comes and goes through the day.. gets worse when I am active. Baby still moves a lo and I feel fine otherwise.
    VelvetCat

Comment by VelvetCat (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree with everyone that said to talk to you doctor.
    Also, drink lots of water and rest as much as possible. Put in a DVD for the kids and put your feet up. Don't worry about the housework..you need to get that baby to term! If you are dehydrated the contractions will hurt more.
    Hope it gets better!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2010