Horrible time getting my dd to go poop in the potty!

My dd is 28 months old, and has been doing #1 on the potty since she was 22 months. She knows the concept, can pull her clothes up and down to go potty and whatnot, and tels me when she has to go, even #2. The problem is that she wont go #2 on the potty! I will put her on and she will try and try and nothing, so I let her off and she goes and poops in her undies. I've tried rewards, excouragement, etc! She just wont do it! any suggestions on how you got your LO to go #2?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dunno, from my experience it's best not to push it. You should just let it happen on it's own.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i bumped you! I'm going through something similar and the only advice I receive on here is "in due time....." and I know that my ds will go poop in the potty oneday, but it isnt very helpful advice lol.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Could it be that she does not understand how to control the muscles when she is sitting on the pot. She is so very young. I would say just keep working. But do not stress and do not stress her. She is very young and doing so well to go #1 on the pot.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree with lowencope, let her do it at her own pace, if you push her it could turn into a bad experience and take longer.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm pretty sure she knows how to control her muscles, she can hold her pee in if she has to get to the potty, so I'm sure she gets the idea. And 28 months is NOT too young to potty train. I am not waiting until she is 3 or 4 to start, and no its not because I'm sick of diapers because I have 2 younger children in them as well and a 3rd is no big deal, I just am sick of cleaning poop out of underwear!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• well she can control her bladder, but the muscles for poop are a different feeling! does she show any signs when she is about to poop? or does she tell you when she poops?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• She tells me she has to go, we try the potty, and when that does work I let her up and she goes poop in her undies. then she tells me.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• when you find the answer let me know! haha. my son is 23 months and has been pee trained for a few months now but still wont poo on the potty on a regular basis. i agree that she is not too young for potty training, who wants a 4 year old in diapers!? the only thing that does work sometimes for us is after each meal i will take him into the bathroom and tell him to go poo poo and shut the door. he actually likes the privacy, and goes usually once a day using this method in the potty. but if he has to go and its not while hes in the bathoom he just goes in his undies too and tells me after. ugh! im also sick of cleaning poop out of underwear.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 7:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I just wanted to let everyone know SHE WENT POOP IN THE POTTY!!! I am soooooo excited :) She didnt even tell me, infact I didnt notice she went on the potty, I was feeding my son. We keep the potty chair in the dining room(center of the house) because it makes it easier on me for when I am occupied (seems how she has yet to figure how to open door knobs thank god!) my 1yr old actually picked it out of the potty and brought it to me. It was deffinetely gross (my DF turned green) but I was too excited to care!!! I just washed our hands and put some sanitizer on them! My little girl is getting soooooo big!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010