Hair help?

Ok so I am pg with my first... A girl. She will be biracial and I am scared to death about her hair. not so much anything wrong with it... I just have never been good at doing hair. Was never a girly girl. My husband's family jokes about it but I know it is very important to them (and me as well). What can I do to start learning now? Any books or websites :) Anything is appreciated ( my husband seems to think I am acting hormonal)

Asked by KSHHDCAJC at 3:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Hormonal. Hair is hair. worrying about it now isn't going to change what your baby has. When she's old enough, you will learn what you need to know.

Answer by LeftBrainy at 5:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Dont feel bad. I still can (barely) put my daughter's hair in a pony tail. My husband is the one who is good at hair.

Answer by kaysha at 8:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would ask his family for help. They may like that you are including them or need them. I am Black and I have been having trouble with my sons hair. He has so much and did since day one. I have tried all kinds of products. Kids seem to have dry hair. Please, please dont put any chemicals in it to straighted it until she is older and really needs it. I like Ojon products they can be costly, but they last a long time and seem great on his hair.

Answer by Tenine at 11:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• First, do not wash her hair every day, second, you need scalp oil. Ethnic hair is much dryer and it will be painful if it's washed constantly. Definitely follow the PA's advice about waiting for relaxing it. Learn how to braid, that will make it easier to pick out when she is older. Kera Care, Mizani and Dudley's are the products we prefer in the salon. Find a good hairstylist to cut it when she gets older, and thick shampoo and conditioner.

Answer by abby_dylan at 12:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• do not use the baby shampoos.. it will dry out ethnic hair. my sons are mexican/caucasion, and i had to use olive oil shampoos or natural shampoos.. baby shampoos really did ruin my first son's hair.. he has thick wavy hair, and we had to cut it all of, because it became so dry..

Answer by nana at 1:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• There is an entire baby hair product line called "Baby Love" you can mostly find it at Black Hair care supply stores. You can also try Walmart or Kmart. They sell detangler, shampoo, conditioner, oils, etc.

Answer by Sexymom75 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2008