is come and go cramps in the first trimester normal?

for the past 4 days i have been having cramps with no bleeding. they just tend to come and go. it feels like period cramps.

lilmomma050711

Asked by lilmomma050711 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont know if its entirely normal but im prego with my third and ive gotten them every time.
    now if your getting cramps and bleeeding, go to the ER immediatly.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• im not bleeding at all but im still nervous about it because this is my first pregnancy. someone told me its just making room for baby
    lilmomma050711

Comment by lilmomma050711 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, that's normal. Your uterus is stretching to make room for baby. If you are not bleeding and it's not painful, then I wouldn't worry.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, very normal. I had them really early on, around 4 weeks pregnant. I'm now 10 weeks and don't feel them as much.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yeah i had them too, i actually cramped through most of my pregnancy. As long as your not bleeding and it's not extreme pain you should be fine but if you have a question ask your ob!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 12:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i have that it could be round ligament pain or a uti thats what i have as of right now and it sucks. but if your worried about it i would get ahold of your ob. good luck!
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010