Do you think motorcycles are fun or dangerous?

How do helmets fit in this, in your opinion?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 9:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok I am VERY passionate about this subject.

They are both fun and dangerous. BUT I work with people with brain injuries and many of them have occurred from not wearing a helmet. I really wish the general population could see what can happen to you if get into an accident without a helmet on. The saddest part of about this is what their family goes through because a brain injury changes you FOREVER.

Every time I see someone wizz by me on a motorcycle w/ no helmet on on seriously want to smack them across the face and say what the F are you thinking!?! Especially if they have children. There is absolutely no reason to risk yourself like that. I do not care how fun it is, or how tough you think you are.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It is dangerous and if you don't wear a helmet ,you are a moron

That's kinda how I feel about people who have unprotected sex without being prepared to handle the consequences......  But their body, their choice, right?  ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Both. My husband was in a motorcycle accident, broke his leg and had he not been wearing a helmet he would be gone - so we ALWAYS wear helmets!! (even in non helmet areas)

Answer by missanc at 10:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Agree with scout and my hub rides too.Helmets are called 'brain buckets' for reason..but we do wear them here in TN
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It’s fun and dangerous. Wearing a helmet helps but it won’t protect bodily injuries. Have to realize your body is out there unprotected from the outside eliminates.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• very fun! we both wear helmets at all times! I started ridding a bike at 16 when my bf at the time got one i loved it and my mother freaked out! lol now she is ok and will sometimes ride with my hubby around the block! lol
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Meh kerpilou to each their own..I understand you worry about your daughter though..my mother doesn't care for it either because of the worrying...but even she admits a bike is pretty when it is...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• They can be fun but they ARE dangerous. I really have no desire to own or ride one.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Both! Hubby rides and it is a lot of fun to go with him, but so many people are not watchful of motorcycles and that makes it dangerous. We do not live in a helmet state and don't wear them unless it's cold. I think many helmets provide a false sense of security, they are decorative and not really functional.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think they are alot of fun, actually exciting. When you are going slow it feels like your going very fast.

Also, they can be very dangerous, depending on the driver.

If you are weaving in and out of cars, lots of blind spots, speeding. The same as driving a car. :) Cautious driving makes it so much safer...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010