My in law are throwing me a baby shower, which im grateful but im kind of shy in social situations..

My in laws are throwing me a baby shower, which im grateful!!! but im kind of werid in social situations.. especially when things come to me. got any advice? any is appreciated.

thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Put a big smile on your face, and before you know it your spirits will rise and you'll actually be enjoying it. The shower will be a time for you to remember. I understand your situation. I am very shy, myself, so I take a breath, smile, and enjoy seeing everybody.

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I used to be shy too, although years with kids (and a very outgoing husband) have kind of made me less shy. You don't have to do anything special. Other people will be happy to do the talking, if you feel awkward put together a mental list of your favorite baby questions....you'll get plenty of inspiration here......and when you have to say something to someone, ask them a question. Mostly smile and look happy, and everyone else will handle things!!

Have fun! Congratulations
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I was so shy too and dreaded my baby shower. Now that it's over, I wish I could do it again. I had my cousins sit at the table with me and write down what I got from who, so it made me feel better not being the only person everyone was looking at.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm like that too.. and my MIL is throwing me one too! So I'm just gonna try to put the awkwardness aside & try to enjoy myself!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• a lot and thank every one for their generous gifts.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Remember that everyone will likely be the most interested in making sure you have a good time. They will be joking and laughing and trying to make you comfortable so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. This is going to be one of the most exciting and fun days because it's a party about your baby. Once you get there and see all the decorations and guests, I'll bet your shyness will start to melt away. That is how it was for me anyway. Smile and have a great time!
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• thanks everyone
    sammyjoG

Answer by sammyjoG at 12:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Enjoy and be glad they like you enough to do this for you.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 4:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Just smile and say thank you mainly
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010