Are there natural ways of dealing with anxiety

I am looking for help with anxiety and I am wondering if there are natural ways to help it because I don't want to have addictive medicine like Xanax. I am so greatful to anyone who could help me.

Paige42986

Asked by Paige42986 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• I don't have anxiety but my DH does. It's TERRIBLE. If you find out please let me know. Otherwise the only thing I could suggest is probably stuff you've already tried - meditation, yoga... stuff like that?
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• St. johns Wort is a herbal supplement you can buy at any grocery store or Wal-Mart and it works wonders for me. :) GL!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Distracting yourself from that particular moment helps. Do some physical activity right at that moment helps a lot. Going outside the house and getting a breath of fresh air helps as well.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• my sister had it bad, she use to meditate when she would feel an attack coming on.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Talking to someone helped me a lot. I did talk therapy with a counselor for a year after my son was born

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 10:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think for me meditation has been great . You just have to find the right meditation that works for you
    Bubbles120

Answer by Bubbles120 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yoga,and writing in a journal. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• thank you so much for all of your suggestions. I am looking into and herb called Kava Kava and I don't know much about it. I journal all the time. I can go through a journal a month depending on its size. I think I am having so much anxiety now because I have made some major positive life changes and I have to absorb it all. I moved after living 23 years in one place. So I think change good or bad for me causes me so much anxiety. Ps. How do you bump questions?
    Paige42986

Comment by Paige42986 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010