Terrible 3s?

Wow, I don't remember three being this rough, lol, but it appears my daughter has a dissenting opinion on everything, from whether or not to get her hair brushed, to whether or not to wear winter clothes...(she keeps finding summer stuff no matter what I do). Last night she decided she was going to eat cookies instead of my homemade chicken soup (she thought), which lead to her screaming at me that she wanted cookies and me telling her to go to bed until she could speak to me nicely, her little face turning red and screaming no, so I picked her up to carry her, and she started punching and kicking!

Off to bed she went, and she was sorry and sweet again two minutes later. Ugh.
I think I just want some sympathy. I don't remember this with the first one. (perhaps I've blocked it out?)

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 10:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son just turned three. We haven't had any bad tantrums but he definitely does what he wants to do. I was warned that the threes were much harder than the twos!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sounds like MY three year old.. i thought it was suppossed tobe terrible 2 not 3.. Geesh..!!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• a week before my sons 4th birthday, he became a BEAST! it was like a switch flipped and he became a monster!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Terrible 2's, 3's, 4's... Terrible 35's, 39's, 58's(me)...  It never ends.  Seriously, it all gets better - eventually.

jaw drop

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 11:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i hear ya same problem wih my soo to be 3yr old
    mg25

Answer by mg25 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010