Do your children do things at the last moment?

My DD sits here every morning and decides her nails need another coat. So three minutes before the bus gets here she starts applying her top coat.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 10:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• my daughter ALWAYS waits until the last minute for EVERYTHING! getting out of bed, taking a shower and last minute change of plans are a given! We are playing the let's make a deal game to try to work on that. If there are rewards for her involved it makes it rewarding for all of us!
    tashope

Answer by tashope at 2:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes, but I know why.

Sometimes well most of the time I procastinate... Yikes I seem to be trying to get better....

:)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• OMG...although my boys are older (they're seniors), they are definitely ones to do things at the last minute. They get up at 630 every morning. But, at 755, bus comes at 803, they are scrambling for school IDs, flash drives, pencils, etc. UGH! Senior pics were last weekend. I had to go to my granddaughter's soccer game. I told the boys to shower and get their hair washed and blown dry. Told them when I left that I wouldn't be gone very long and to get busy on their showers - NOW! I get home 2 hours later, they've showered - one was just getting out. Both had WET hair. And pic appointment was in 30 minutes. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• ALWAYS! She gets it honestly though.
    battisarah

Answer by battisarah at 11:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I watched my Mom go through that for years because I have 2 younger sisters, and I must have been that way, who knows.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My kids always did things at the lasy min. I think they hope they will miss the bus. lol
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Oh,yes we live that way!!! I want to not procrastinate but it doesn't help that my husband 'flies by the seat of his pants'. Wonder where she gets it. lol
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• When ever we get ready to walk out the door.Either T.J. or Mesha has to go get something from their rooms or go to the bathroom. It never fails.
    TEA2U

Answer by TEA2U at 4:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010