Should I request him on Facebook?

I was at a Halloween party Saturday. I met a guy and we talked a little, not too much. He is the cousin of my brother's wife and my family is friends with his family. Anyway...I'm kind of interested and am wondering if I should request him...Will it seem too forward?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I would chat with him a while before you request him. Then you can make a wise decision on if you really want him as a friend.

In my opinion only my friends and family are on face book, if I don't know you that well. I really don't want you knowing about me too personally.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No, it wouldn't be too forward, just do it:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would talk to your brother, or maybe his wife. Ask if they can get him to request you; without him knowing you want a friendship request.
    It's how I would do it.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't think so. How else can you find out if the attraction is mutual? Just because you request him as a friend doesn't say anything other than you enjoyed talking to him and would like to stay in touch.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't. Granted, I'm not an add-whore and I only add people who I actually am friends with in real life or they are a member of my family.
    I would ask your brother/SIL to put out some feelers for you and see if he's interested that way.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• sure why not....what can it hurt????? If anything you may become great friends. Life is short....try new things.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Unless you are with someone else I say go for it!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, why not? Sounds like you want friends in your life outside of fb. Go for it and don't be shy.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• are you married or something? If not then well...why not.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would have already done it. If you find you don't like him, you can always unfriend him
    Robsessed98

Answer by Robsessed98 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2010