Showering...

When did you stop showering with your LO or did you ever?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• He's only two so we still shower together,mostly because it's the easiest way for me to keep an eye on him :) Once he is old enough to play unsupervised anywhere in the house, we'll stop.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I never really did. Shower time is the only 'me time' I get and I am very territorial of it =) Very rarely does my 22 mo get in there with me.
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 11:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Agree with above, I never really showered with my spouse. Maybe once or twice, but now that we have a baby, it IS my only "me time" and plus he could use the time to spend with the baby that I'm with all the time!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Never took showers with my kids. I took baths with dd until she was about 2 but I like the time to myself in the bathroom so it is off limits.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 11:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I didn't shower with my child. I always liked for her to soak in a bath. I took showers.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I never showered with my kids. For me personally I was uncomfortable with the idea. I don't think it's appropriate for a child to see their parent's naked body. That's just my feelings on it, to each their own.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I never really did, like the first responder I'm very protective of my 'me time' these days. I think I did it a couple times when he was really small, but I usually sat him in a bouncer with some nice music playing in the bathroom for my morning showers and we gave him separate baths in the evenings.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I had to take my daughter into the tub with me to get her hair washed and combed out until pretty recently. Son and I havent seen each other naked in years, we taught him about privacy and as soon as he was old enough to stop seeing me naked he wanted it both ways so I haven't had to bathe with him since he was pretty young
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 12:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have never regularly taken a shower with my kids. They are 7 and 5 and occasionally it's necessary to do a very fast assembly line and get it done so whichever one of us is in there takes them while the other parent does the dry-off and dressing (as needed). Usually they still like to soak/play in the tub. I'm not one to force them into showers to shorten the routine. I still let them play as long as they want or until I need to move onto something else.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 1:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010