Do you reply to jobs on Craigslist?

If so, how do you determine what is real and what is fake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yep that is how I got my current job I do home care and with all of my experience I got a call the next day and when I went in for my intervies I was hired on the spot.
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes I do. There is a page before you go into the job listings that tells you how. But really? Common sense should tell you something isn't legit, especially when they want you to pay $$ to work.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Saying they are scams is a huge misconception. I worked for a salon who successfully hired with craigslist, there are also hundreds of listings for food service, servers, bartenders, cashiers, front desk jobs, and so many more that are legit. I know plenty of people who have succesfully landed full time and part time good paying jobs from craigslist. I say, if you need a resource, use it. I tend to however, answer the ads with phone numbers and names.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've replied to many craigslist jobs and have never gotten a single reply
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A majority of them are scams.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Most are scams, especially if they don't give the name of the company. The only thing I've gotten from replying to a job post on Craigslist is my inbox flooded with spam.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If they take you to a partner website you have to sign up for to apply it is probably a scam or spam! Or when they email you back they tell you to do so. I try to stick to the one that have an address or phone number in there ad! Good luck

Latrisha
    www.internetceomoms.com/Latrisha
    tisha1030

Answer by tisha1030 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Jobs that ask for money up front are scams and a business you have to invest money into to making money.
    Looking for a Job Check out our list of jobs:-)
    Earnings In A Basket
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010