Rainy day activities?

I have a very extremely active four year old that usually gets to run around play outside for at least a few hours a day. But it's been cold and rainy the past couple of days so he's been stuck inside for the most part. He gets naughty when he's bored and it's making me nuts!

I need some suggestions for inside activities that can help him burn off some energy!

MommaTurbo

Asked by MommaTurbo at 11:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We play wii station, take pictures and video of the rain, stand outside and sometimes go out with an umbrella to puddle jump, we count the seconds between thunder and lightning, sometimes we go for a drive in it, and we have a decaf tea party - sometimes hot cocoa.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We color, make airplane's out of paper. Sometimes we pick a movie, and pop popcorn. He likes to look at his baby book. We like to write stories
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Those are all great ideas, but i need energy burners!!! We color, and we made playdough yesterday, and we do movies and make treats, but he's still bouncing off the walls! I'd let him go do chores with me, but it really is too cold and windy for him.

My other issue is, my truck is in the shop. If it wasn't, i'd take him to the indoor jungle gym place in town!!!
    MommaTurbo

Comment by MommaTurbo (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's raining here today also... My son loves hide and seek... We make it fun... We also exercise, doing jumping jacks, push ups, and stretches. We also play red light, green light... He runs until I say red light, then stands still til I say green light... My son also loves music, so we do alot of dancing too... Well, I don't know if you could consider it dancing, but anything to wear them out!!
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2010