Really?...Where do you get Your News?

WOW...I just peeked in here (Politics & Current Events) for the first time, and I can't believe how many people rely on biased bloggers and public rants for news.

When you REALLY want to understand the FACTS associated with an issue you think is important, where do you go for your information? (Please be honest.)

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 11:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• One of our local news channels and/or their websites, national news sites like CNN or MSNBC, The Huffington Post, and sometimes a few other lesser know news sites posted by friends (on FB for example). I tend to get my news articles and editorials online more often than tv news these days so I don't have to have the news on while my son is in the room. I don't read blogs very often, but even if they are opinions I'm sure some people feel they are an interesting start to a debate and get people thinking. I decide for myself what I think about an issue whether I heard about a topic from a news site or a blog; hopefully most other people do the same.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• National news sites....

Answer by older at 11:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The local new stations and/or their websites
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I hear things, but decide for myself after hearing it on the news.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I look up the issue and what it says about itself. Then I form an opinion. I don't go to the news because the news is biased. I think it's important to know the facts and not what others say or believe.That being said, there are commentators that I like and trust what they say. However, I still go and look the info up for myself.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Exactly how many since you suggest you counted
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I use my local news station for local news and the national mainstream news for the rest - I also read news magazines and do research to form my own opinions.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Just news then, Goodmorning America, local, Fox news, Megan Kelly she sticks to the facts.

For real information the websites.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I prefer my local CBS news channel....smart and unbiased reporters. And I watch the NBC nightly news. AND my newspaper Minneapolis Star Tribune. I don't watch the Cable news shows because they are ALL too much like Entertainment,too biased and unfair.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• All over the net...DU, AP, FOX, CNN, MSNBC, McClatchy is one of the best. Sometimes I will see or hear something on Jon Stewart or Bill Maher and then I research online. I try to use a variety of sources to get a better idea of the reality beyond the spin.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010