increased heartburn

anyone ever had a day at the end of their pregnancy where they just couldn't get rid of the heartburn and the acid?

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 11:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• with this pregnancy i suffer from heartburn 24/7. my doctor told me to elevate the headboard of my bed (or prop up a bunch of pillows) - did and it didn't do anything. and the one thing she told me WORKS - eat an apple before bed. i dont know what it does but it works WONDERS. it doesnt even have to be a whole apple, even if you eat pieces or half.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I had heartburn so bad I threw up the entire 9 months. I ended up being on Nexium, because otherwise I couldn't keep anything down. A glass of milk usually helps.

Answer by missanc at 11:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Some days, I feel like all I eat are Tums :(
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I got heartburn from water, and i cried when I burped becuse it burned so bad! I'd eat ice cream, drink milk, or drink some maalox that I kept in the fridge. Other than that and the rolaids soft chews, I just dealt with it! I was miserable!!
    JessicaRee

Answer by JessicaRee at 9:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2010