Starting an in home business, any advice or tips...

Any will do....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Time management is crucial!!!!
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 11:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My advice is to do your research. When I was looking to start my business I researched every possible search engine with the name of the company to make sure it wasn't a scam and it offered a real opportunity to make money. Try putting the word reviews or scam at the end. I don't know what kind of business you are trying to start but for me it was that simple. I didn't have to pay any crazy upfront cost of anything which was awesome as well.

I also tried to start an in home craft business which I still have it just doesn't do very well right now. Mainly my fault for not putting much effort into it! lol.

So some tips are to research, decide how much time you are willing to put in and write out your why's! Those are the main things that helped me. Good luck!

Latrisha
    www.internetceomoms.com/Latrisha
    tisha1030

Answer by tisha1030 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Research, your own dedicated office space, a phone line, and lots of patience!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Make sure you have all your ducks in a row by making yourself a legal business, getting your funding, ect, before you start selling products/services.

Advertise, advertise, advertise, but know how your target audience is.

Join LinkedIn and network. You never know who could be a potential customer.

Remember you will work harder for yourself than you will any employer. Treat it like a business not a hobby.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Treat your in home business like a business and not a hobby
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 1:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Find a company that you are comfortable with and one that has been around for at least 5
    years or more. Make sure you do plenty of research and don't just depend on what others
    are telling you. After you do make your commitment make sure you work at it every day
    and don't quit or give up no matter what. I wish you luck in your search :-)

~Linda
    http://LindasHomeCareer.com

Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 1:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• There are several things to consider when starting a new business. I'm sending you an invite for the Cafemom business group I admin. We have a ton of business related articles and advice posted.

Good luck with the new business.
    MoversShakers

Answer by MoversShakers at 2:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Heres a site that has alot to offer! They have direct sales,at home business, work at home jobs. Easy to look through and you can find what best fits you! Please take a look!!! http://www.earningsinabasket.info.
    iMommy2010

Answer by iMommy2010 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Try and find something that you are really passionate about, you need to believe in the product to sell, and make money. Find something that you will definitely have fun doing. I have tried many home businesses and failed because I didn't love the product. I am now w/ Gold Canyon Candles, and love it for so many reasons! This is the business for me and helps me financially! I couldn't be happier! Best of luck to you!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Write a great business plan!

Put a lot of thought into your corporate status.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010