Question about toilet training. adult content

My son is 16 months. Lately he will take his diaper off, poop on the floor, turn around and look at it and get some wet wipes and try and clean it up. He did this twice yesterday. He takes his diaper off when its wet or if he has already soiled it as well. He also usually goes off somehere to do his business. Do you think these are signs hes ready? First kid and no experience with this. Thank you :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would say those are signs of him being ready. I would invest in the cloth training pants. I also went through something similar with my daughter she is now about to be 3. I did the training pants and underwear which helped her realize when she had to go. Try to make it fun by giving "prizes" we do stickers or tattoos. Right now with all the Halloween candy if she remembers to go on the potty she gets 1 small piece of candy. lol... Good luck if you need any more advice let me know I would be happy to help you!

Latrisha
    www.internetceomoms.com/Latrisha
    tisha1030

Answer by tisha1030 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Maybe he is but mine did the same thing and he is now two and refuses the toilet..I would start him but know it may take awhile.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 11:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If iI just want to add that if i do start him, i will not expect anything of him right now. If he turns out to not be ready i wont push. Ill let him lead.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Thank you latrisha, where do you get the training pants? I was wondering if they had them anymore. My older family members say they work best but ive not seen them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I got them at walmart! they are by gerber. I think they were in the baby section next to the socks and onesies and what not. Maybe in with the cloth diapers. They were great. Sorta messy if they didn't get to the toilet but still great! lol.
    tisha1030

Answer by tisha1030 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I say YES those are signs! That is exactly what my son was doing and so we finally got fed up with it after he got poop all over the floor and decided to start training him. My son is developmentally delayed which is why we waited so long with him taking off his diaper. Well I taught him teh signs for pee, poop, and potty and he has caught on greatly! He will stand and pee on his own now and he is 29 months. :D
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 2:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010