Does anyone know of legitimate online medical companies?

I see adds for medical billers, coders, and transcriptionist. Does anyone know if these companies are legitimate or if there is a better one to go through?

2kidsandtired

Asked by 2kidsandtired at 11:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• You can find medical transcriptionist jobs at MT Daily. Click on MT jobs. However, you can also start something like that yourself. I used to do medical transcription from home. I just went and talked to various Docs in my area. I worked for four different ones. It's a lot of work though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You're better off sticking to local companies. The only time I would say it's OK to go with an online company is if you can find out good things about them from the BBB.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I do medical billing one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients. It is really easy; I do this at their office, as I would not be comfortable bringing the paperwork home.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010