irregular bleeding all of a sudden for no reason? adult content

ok so for the past week or so I have been having dark brown spotting. sometimes a little heavier than spotting, but not enough to be called a period. I have had the Mirena for 4 years and have never had any problems with it. No spotting, no periods in 4 years at all. So this is completely out of the ordinary. I could understand if my iud was fairly new but i have had it 4 years. I last went to the gyno in March and she couldnt see my iud strings. They did an ultrasound and it was still in place, the strings had just retracted into my cervix. Anyone had this experience with an iud after this long? or any other ideas? I know I have had high risk hpv but haven't had an abnormal pap in about 2 years. but the hypochondriac in me is thinking cervical cancer lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• =That's commonly linked with endometreosis, and ovarian cysts...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2010