have you known anyone that gave birth in the car while on their way to the hospital?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 11:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A gal that I work with was on her way to the hospital with her second child. Her husband was driving and she was having the baby, like right now. He called 911 on the way (it was like a 45 minute drive) and an abulance met them on the highway. She gave birth in the abulance on her way to the hospital.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My mother in law!!My husband is the oldest of 3 boys. The youngest boy was born in the car with the two older brother's bouncing around in the back seat!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My friend is a paramedic and she said she has actually delivered quite a few babies.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A friend's Mom was on her most recent of SEVERAL children, she delivered in the car in the Hospital parking lot.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My mom gave birth to my sister in the car and then that same sister gave birth to her first son in their car.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No. I almost did though. I got to the hospital, went in & had her. My husband wanted to go pick up his check before we went to the hospital. I told him I didn't think we should. Good thing he listened or we would have had her by the side of the road!
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My husband's aunt had her 2nd child in the car on the way to the hospital, she caught him as he came out and his cord was wrapped around his neck so she had to hold it away so he could breathe. All her hubby could do was drive as fast as he could and yell "don't push". Thankfully her son was fine and he is now 14 years old and has a really cool birth story and the nickname "biohazard" since that is what his incubator said when they brought him in since he was born outside of the hospital lol.... I know another woman who had her 3rd in the car cause they underestimated how long it would take to get to the hospital in the snow. They pulled over and her hubby delivered the baby with his two older girls in the backseat. She explained to them that mommy might scream but she is ok and that their sister would be there soon and she was!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 12:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My old manager at Walmart's girlfriend took castor oil to jump start labor. Apparently she took WAY too much because she was having massive contractions within like ½ an hour and actually had the baby in the hospital parking lot even though the hospital is only like 10 minutes from their house.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• no i havent
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010