Chuck E Cheese

I have heard a lot of bad things about Chuck E Cheese. They are filthy, your kid will get sick after going, parents get in fights, etc.

We've been to Chuck E Cheese 5 times (4 different restaurants...3 Pittsburgh, PA; 1 Canton, OH) and have never had a problem. The place seems clean enough...or as clean as you can expect, DD doesn't get sick after going, and I've never seen an argument, let alone a fight.

Have you had any negative Chuck E Cheese experiences?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 11:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not really. We usually go later in the evening so it is not so clean at that point but my kids have never gotten sick. I have seen a teenager start a fight but he quickly was removed by staff. There is a slight problem with other kids stealing my kids tokens but I have taught them how to deal with it and it doesn't happen now.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Been there many times and never had an issue as you describe.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We bring our son all the time and he seems fine. We make sure to wash his hands often but ours is pretty clean
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The only complaint I have about the one around here is the parents who do not watch their children. They just let them run rampid. Everytime I put a token into a machine for my son some random kid would come up and try to push him out of the way and play the game. Then the kids would actually follow us around because their parents appearantly didnt give them tokens to play the games, they just took them to play on the jungle gym. And then I ask who their parents are and their parents are on the other side of the building sitting at a table not even keeping an eye on the kids. Now if I go, I do so on a weekday morning that way theres barely anybody there, not that we got often anyway.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• go**
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've never had a problem with them, and my kids have not gotten sick after going either. Just another crowded kids place.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The only 'problem' I have had at Chuck E Cheese is sometimes they get so busy and loud! So to avoid the crowd and have a quiet, enjoyable time at Chuck E Cheese we learned to go there early in the day when it is less busy.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Never had issues with cleanliness or illness. The only problem I've had is on weekend afternoons they don't do a body count at the door and they will let so many people in the door that there is absolutely nowhere to sit and people are scrambling for open tables. We've only been a handful of times in the last 8 years so I don't have to worry too much about it. Never had fights or issues with other kids though. My kids know how to keep their tokens and tickets safe from scavengers.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We go to chuck-e-cheese alot here in springfield mo. and they are, just simply put ...AWESOME...my 3yr. old just loves it. and so do the parents...as far as clean...I've never run into a problem..and uh...fighting..NO...chucky is so sweet and the servers are great...the security with your kids is a wonerful thing when you have 4 of them. the workers even check you if you just walked in and they know they are your children....we love it there!!!
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My only problem with our local Chuck E Cheese just has to do with the crowds. Sometimes they've let in more people than they can accomodate at tables. The volume gets bad in there, but I bring earplugs and it helps a lot. Ours uses cards instead of tokens, so there's not so much token theft.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010