• In the Spotlight:

If you have precipitous births, how did you handle deciding on when to leave for the hospital or do you just decide to have a homebirth?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 11:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went to the hospital when my water broke since the hospital was only 10 miles away. I got there in time with both of them..barely. My labors were 1 1/2 hours and 2 hours. I had GBS and needed the IV antibiotics although neither time did they get them in. I would rather go to the hospital just in case something was wrong with the baby.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• with #4, after my water broke, the contractions were too close together to even focus on timing them. so i went in. 1 hour later i was holding my baby.

with #3, contrations 5 minutes apart

with #2, days of leaking and baby not moving as much
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've only had one. I was young and dumb too. LOL I drove the hour and a half to the hospital. The whole thing lasted 7 hours total. Next time, I am better informed and will have a homebirth or birth center birth.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A precipitous birth is one that is 3 hours or less.
    Roadfamily6now

Comment by Roadfamily6now (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2010