Home Birth / Hospital Birth ~ Would you Rather?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 11:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in

• i wish i could have had home births, then maybe my oldest wouldnt have been a csection after only 10hrs of labor, i got to 5cm and the doctor said that wasnt fast enough.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Most definitely Home Birth =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• home birth
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I will never, ever, ever have another birth in a hospital unless it is absolutely an emergency. I've wanted a home birth for my child(ren) since I was a kid, and that was taken away from me because I got pregnant before I could move to a state where assisted home births are legal. I still have nightmares about my experience in the hospital because it went against what I had wanted so much.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Hospital. I wouldn't want to risk my child. Things happen during birth and if I had decided on a home birth and something happened to my child, I would never forgive myself.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Home birth. Most of the "emergencies" that happen where mom wouldn't make and so forth are hospital induced emergencies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I had hospital births with my 3 oldest and a home birth with my baby. It was so much simpler and easier to do it at home instead of packing us all up and back and forth to the hospital, and it was a much faster and easier birth too. I wish I'd had all of them at home.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If I could go back and do it all over, I would have stayed home. All 4 were low risk. The hospital staff were bossy, I didn't get to use the techniques I'd learned. The after stay was too long. Not once did a doctor make it in time to deliver a one af these boys. Yeah, would have stayed home.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 5:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My first child was born at home (not by choice) and second child born in hospital. Would choose home.
    raini65

Answer by raini65 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Hospital birth. In case of emergency, I'd like to have the medical staff and equipment available. I've known too many women who had perfect pregnancies only to have emergencies come up during delivery. If my mom had attempted a home birth, it's likely she would have died.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2010