3 Month Old Play Time PLEASE HELP!!!

My son Hadlee is just turning 3 months old. I would like to play with him but he just doesnt seem interested in any toys, books, or sounds. He would rather stare at the wall than he play gym. I just dont know how to keep his attention on me and the toys. He is just now starting to smile when he feels like it lol and ive been hearing a giggle here and there but he just wont play with any toys. What can i do? Please help!

hadleesmama

Asked by hadleesmama at 9:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hes too little for toys yet lol just give it time. dont rush him to grow up
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yeah, 3 months is too little to play with toys. Give him interesting things to look at and he'll be happy.
    Anonymous

• Don't even try to worry about toys yet, his favorite thing right now is faces. Talk to him, make goofy faces and silly sounds, and give him interesting things to look at. He would probably really enjoy going for walks and getting out into the fresh air, too.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 10:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i do put him in his swing/bouncy seat/ play mat/ crib but he will look around for a few minutes and then it seems like he gets bored and starts to cry. i just dont know how to keep him occupied so he doesnt cry. i try talking to him, singing, laughing, reading, i play with him legs like making him kick or smell his feet or clap his hands and he just gets mad or bored and crys. i just dont know what to do. i have little rattles and stuffed animals that light up and make noise hes just not interested. i guess my question is how do i keep him interested.
    hadleesmama

Answer by hadleesmama at 12:38 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Do you know any other mommies with kids around your sons age? My daughter wasnt interested in toys until she was about 7 months or so. But she did love the swing ever since the first time she was in it. All kids are different. But I know that Lily as a baby loved to watch other kids play. She was just watch any other kids her age or older. I took her to a book group for babies at the local library and she loved it. I dont think she ever cried while she was there. Try having him around some other kids and see how it goes.
    Awing10

Answer by Awing10 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Even though hadlee has known you since he was just a few days old, he may now be able to show it.He's still just a little peanut and is learning knew things everyday.As far as him crying that is the only way of communicating right now.he'll develop a all kinds of gurgles, sighs, and coos.He's still listing to you. It may not seem like it but he is adjusting to all the knew things he is finally able to see. Just give him some time i know how it is. Its hard when you want them to coo and giggle and be able to play with you.hope anything i said helps you out.
    lovinmykids_2

Answer by lovinmykids_2 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2008