what causes my daughter freak out when I drop her off in the mourning, but no other times???

Only some mournings when I drop my 4 year old off at pre-school she gets really clingy and doesn't want me to leave, but other days she is ok??? What causes this??

Bella20

Asked by Bella20 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son used to do that for about the first 2 wks of preschool. he did it bc he was not used to being dropped off and left with out me or his father. he did get comfortable and is ok when we drop him off. the only time he freaks out know is if he has a sub teacher he dont know or isnt used to.
    mg25

Answer by mg25 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My son started doing this a few months ago (and he's been going to the same day care for well over a year). Last Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday he cried and cried and threw a fit when I dropped him off at daycare but then on Thursday he just said "bye momma!" and slammed the door in my face lol. I noticed when he throws these fits its usually more towards the beginning of the week, and I'm thinking it's maybe because he got used to being home with us all day during the weekend? I really can't say, but it's normal even though it's hard to leave your child crying for mommy :( I try to look at it like how some days I get up and am ready to get on with the day and other times I don't want to leave my bed lol. Same goes for kids I guess!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My daughter always does that at the begining of a school year or if there have been a lot of changes at school, she is very much a person of routines, or if she has been home sick a while. It can also happen if she is really tired or not feeling well. And yeah as the above poster said their feelings on days vary just like us.
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 12:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Thank all of you so much!!! The teacher was asking me if there was any changes in the home...I said not that I'm aware of!! She hasn't been sleeping in her own room due to the fact that I'm painting it right now, so that's all that I can think of!! Thank you!! It makes me feel better that I'm not the only mom going through it!!
    Bella20

Comment by Bella20 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010