JUST WONDERING

If you have back labor do you feel you stomach tightening up at all? Just curious. Thanks ladies

aangelmommie03

Asked by aangelmommie03 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It differs pregnancy to pregnancy. I had back labor, and ONLY BACK labor. I didn't feel anything in my stomache. Same with my mother.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The two times it happened to me, it hurt in front & back with the contractions, but between contractions my back hurt all the time. With my other labors, when a contraction ended, it ended. No pain until the next one. With the back labor..wow...it hurt badly & constantly in my back the entire time.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i had pain in both front and back
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You WILL feel tightening in your stomach with back labor, as that is where your uterus is located.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The day I went to the hospital to get induced, my back kept hurting off and on that morning and my stomach tightened with the back pain, but my stomach was not hurting like my back was. Once I got to the hospital I kept having back pain with the tightening contractions of my stomach, once they told me to flip on my side it stopped hurting in my back : ).
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 6:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010