My 1 yr old has a cold

He has a runny nose and congestion. Yes I know call my doctor people. I would love to call my doctor if T-Mobile wouldnt be a crappy co who took the money from my bank acct the 23rd for the next billing cycle that dosent start til the 29th but did not refill my acct. Yes Ive called them but the bill is in my fiances name who sleeps all darn day so I cant do anything til his lazy butt gets up. One fussy person is enough to deal with. So just please give me some advice on what I can do to alleviate my baby's symptoms. Wether something I can give or something I can do. Please Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Saline spray in the nose, suction with aspirator, give fluids.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The only thing I know of is the Vick's Babyrub. It doesn't work any miracles but it does seem to help a little.
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 12:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Vicks baby rub on the feet, not chest. Steamy shower, saline spray for the nose, elevate him when laying down more in a reclining position.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• runny nose and congestion isnt really something bad enough to call the dr. over! Home remedies can help reduce the symptoms. To clear the nose use a bulb syringe or saline drops (if you still nurse you can also use breastmilk), offer a nice warm bath with some aromatherapeutic bubble bath (the vapors and steam from the water will help as well as relax him), get a cool mist humidifier for his room or if you dont have one, steam up the bathroom with a hot shower, elevate one side of his mattress with a blanket or pillow, dont worry about the BRAT diet, keep offering what he likes to eat! Only time to call the dr. is if he has a high grade fever which wont go down, or continuous diarrhea/vomiting! I hope he gets well soon!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Give him Tylenol and Ibuprofen every two hours. Some moms say to alternate but you dont have to. Theyre two different drugs. Give lots of fluids. If you cant afford Pedialyte buy some Gatorade. Just keep an eye on his temp, if it gets too high (104 and doesnt break) take him to the ER.

Other ways to keep temp down:
    use wet compress on forehead
    Giving a tepid bath/shower
    GOOG LUCK!! I hope he gets better fast!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I dont know why I thought he had a temp...

Vicks Vapor Rub

Take a bath with the vick bath soap.
    A few drops of saline solution (infant)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Thank you everyone for the advice! I'm sorry if I sounded rude or anything but usually when I post a question I get the same answers of call the doctor. When I'm just trying to get advice for what other moms do in the same situation. Also thank you for no rude comments I rarely ever post on here because of that. This is suppose to be for help and support not to cut someone to ribbons. Thank you all so much if I could I would every single one of you for the good advice and being for being normal and decent about it!
    JenniferQ24

Answer by JenniferQ24 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010