How much can you make being Anti Muslim?

The Tennessean newspaper, which has been chronicling the controversy over the construction of a mosque in Murfreesboro, Tenn., has published an investigation into the tax practices of anti-Islamist pundit Steven Emerson, who founded the influential Investigative Project on Terrorism Foundation. The nonprofit rakes in millions every year as it works to uncover terrorist ties to American organizations.

The paper found that Emerson's nonprofit organization funneled everything it earned to a separate group, SAE Productions, that does not have tax-exempt status. In 2008, the nonprofit cut a $3.4 million check to the for-profit, even though Emerson told the IRS in 2006 that there would be no financial ties between the organizations.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am wary of many non-profits regardless of what their cause is- google PETA and see what their finances look like...
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• ...sounds like the IRS needs to have a look at the books.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Hmmm, if you can make money, sign me up! JK...I know I looked into Susan G Komen. THose accounting practices are incredibly sketchy.
    CCMami

Answer by CCMami at 2:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• How come investigating terrorism is "anti-Muslim" ?

From my understanding, conflating "muslim" with "terrorist" sparks a big outcry from the politically-correct. Yet when someone is challenging terrorism, these same politically-correct-niks call them "anti-Muslim" ?

You can't have it both ways. I very much agree that there is no automatic taint of terrorism on someone who is Muslim. But I do not agree with the fiction that the terrorism is unrelated to muslim groups. This is NOT based on prejudice, it is based on WHAT THE TERRORISTS THEMSELVES assert over and over again.

I do not for a minute believe that these crazies actually speak for Islam, but at the same time it IS accurate to say "muslim terrorist" ...

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• LOL...Amazing the information you can find on the 'net with just a couple clicks of a mouse! :oP

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/DNC-Salaries-E27184.htm

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• How tricky of them. Greedy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• How much can you make working for the DNC?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Hmmm, if you can make money, sign me up! JK...I know I looked into Susan G Komen.

YES, I have as well, makes me sad!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• lol Lorfi, she must not look at her pay stubs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Whoops, Lori*
    Carpy