Should I let them go?

About 7 years ago, I joined a message board on another site. About three years ago, I began to really feel that I didn't fit in. I think that the last time I posted was about 2 years ago. Maybe less. I confess, however, that I do go on the board to check and see how everyone is doing. These women were a part of my life for several years - I've pretty much watched their kids grow up. I don't post, just "lurk". They are moving to a new message board, which I would have to join if I want to continue to keep up with them. Part of me would like to join, but I'm afraid that they would not want to "see" me after all this time (after all, none of them have asked after me). So, I'm wondering, do I let them go? Or should I just post a hello, using the e-mail I received about the move, and see what kind of reaction I get?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• See if they react..If they don't,,,let them go

Answer by louise2 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Just do what feels right to you,if your not sure just pop in and say hey to them and go from there.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 9:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i would be curious and see then decide.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Wouldn't hurt to see. If they don't respond, you'll know the answer.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think you are being too hard on yourself. Let it go. No harm done. You are not committed to this group, you haven't posted in a long time. It's okay. I don't think anyone will think any less of you if you go away. I'm more concerned that you think they won't accept you if you pop in and say Hi. You might be right that you may not fit in with this group. Let em go.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Just pop in and see what happens if it's not good just walk away.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you like them I think you should just pop back in and if they're friendly stay. If they ignore you hit the road and move on to a group that will appreciate you.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008