Bottle Question

I am planning on Breastfeeding for the most part but I know there will be some times when I will not be able to breastfeed. And my hubby will want to feed her to. I DO NOT NEED TO BE BASHED!
I am just wondering what kind of bottle works well with bottle and breast switches?

SarahMerritt_22

Asked by SarahMerritt_22 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• you know my vote... when we were doing both breast and bottle, Bug liked the soothie just as much. brandy and i both agree that they are easiest ones for the boys to hold. Maddux wont hold his vent air.... but will hold the soothie. They arent expensive either. like $17 for a set of 5 with lids and the cleaners, i think you get a bink in there too. We looked into that breastflow bottle and everyone that we had talked to about them said they were hard to get really clean. The soothies are all wide and if you plan on giving binks to her... they have the binks that go with it so there is no confusion.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• playtex vent air work great
    Anonymous

• honestly, when i supplemented with both my kids, i used Vent-air, the WIDE ones. (they have narrow ones and wide ones) the wide ones seem more like they're on the breast, and it's recommended for weening off of the breast if someone wants. it keeps the baby's mouth wide, like they're on the breast, and makes sure the lips are the way they're supposed to be while on the breast. (kind of like an outward position..you'll understand when you start if you dont' know what i mean now) Vent- air also is really good with keeping gas away. I recommend you get like 2 or 3 different bottles though, and don't open them until your baby is born. when the time comes to feed her through a bottle, open only one of them, and if she takes it well, then return the others and buy the kind she likes. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I use the Vent Air Advanced as well and I believe they work great!
    Anonymous

• the ones that worked best for us were the playtex wide mouth or other wide mouth bottles. They more closely resemble the breast.

my daughter also preferred latex over silicon. something about the super slick texture of the silicon she just would not take it.

I did buy that breast one from babies r us. forget the name but paid like $6 for one bottle. It is supposed to act like the let down and such but it didn't work well for the $ I paid for it. It has an extra piece that goes inside the nipple that's plastic...
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• we mainly used the playtex drop-ins with the natural latch nipple and did use a few of the ventair bottle. Both bottles we're really good but if you get the ventaire, be sure you get the ones with the natural latch nipple, the wide ones because otherwise you could have problems switching back to the breast. Good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I breastfeed Owen,and because my older 2 boys would NEVER take a bottle,I started him out early.I bought the advent to begin with and just recently bought the soothies,and I think I like them the best.They are easy to clean and he can hold them himself(of course he is older).He has never had a problem with gas or nipple confusion.I also give him a binky if you hadn't noticed.LOL!! My other 2 refused those too.
    Coopsmom0508

Answer by Coopsmom0508 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008