Got to get creative.

So I babysit a 6 month old. This morning her mom left me with no formula. No nothing. I've got some diced apples from when my son was younger, that I'm trying to dice up and smash up. But shes not eating it like i was told she would, just spitting it back at me. And I also don't have my highchair (its buried in my garage) I've got her sitting in a jumperoo.
I have no car for the day (my husbands got it at school) and no money whatsoever (I hate the end of the month) Anyone got any other suggestions? Because shes hungry and cranky and not taking to the mashed apples.

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 12:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try putting a little sugar and cinnamon in with the mashed apples. That will add a little more to the taste. Good luck.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• do you have instant cereal ? or try instant potatoes
    cheekychihuahua

Answer by cheekychihuahua at 12:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yeah, call CPS on the mom....the baby should be on formula till she's 1 year old at least. Her not bringing anything at all for the baby is just wrong.
    Anonymous

• Well she usually leaves me with formula but I noticed last night that it was empty. I tried to get a hold of her but I wont be calling CPS just because her phones are off.
    prettypaper

Comment by prettypaper (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Putting sugar in the mashed up apple may in fact ruins that moms chances at getting her baby to eat her veggies. Instead of the apple, try giving her some milk. Mix a bottle 2/3 milk 1/2 water and make sure its warm water so it will help warm up the milk a little.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would try instant potatoes. If that doesn't work and you happen to have cheerios. bust them up really fine and let them sit in a little water until soggy. I wouldn't add sugar to anything for a 6mo. Good luck =)
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 12:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Instant potatoes, really thin of course, and maybe some milk as an apple a day suggested. Do you know where the mom works? they could get a message to her.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010