are homemede gifts wrong to give?

i am making apporons and counted cross stitch for christmas gifts and i cant afford to buy them so i am using the stuff that people have givin me thru the years and craft stuff that i got because people did not want them

cheekychihuahua

Asked by cheekychihuahua at 12:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• That is a great idea. No store bought gift can mean as much then something handmade. That tells me that you took time and I was special enough for you to put effort into the gift.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree! I would love a handmade gift! It is so much more personal than a gift card to a movie.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Nope, nothing wrong with that at all!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I love homemade gifts! It shows so much more thought. You can not ever put as much heart into something store bought as homemade. Also, the homemade items last longer and it's hard to part with them. You are going to have some lucky gift recipients!
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 12:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No, I love receiving handmade gifts! They are the best gifts in my opinion!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I always make homemade gifts. Everyone loves them.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I dont see a problem with it. I do it all the time because I dont have the money to go out and buy everyone something.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I hope not, I give a lot of homemade gifts!! I have people that will ask me for specific gifts that they know that I make. I love receiving gifts that someone makes, they are generally my most treasured gifts. If there are people on your list that may not appreciate a homemade gift, I wouldn't bother to give them a gift........
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I make homemade gifts also... Every year I make christmas ornaments, and my DS paints them... We hand them out to immediate family, and I have been asked by a few people if we were planning on giving them out again this year...

This year my son is also making popcicle picture frames, and painting them for his grandparents (and one for me and Dad also)...
    We also found a bird house that you paint... He's painting a few of those and handing them out also.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i also ran into the gift request this year from certian people are not even kind enough to know i can never afford them and always ask what they would love or need for use so i hope i dont offend family if i can afford anything they asked for i dont really need any thing but just small things i love cooking and making things and growing things so this is all i can give back
    cheekychihuahua

Comment by cheekychihuahua (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010