I have a real bad headache...

What is a good over the counter medicine that will cure my headache without harming my baby

First-timer0409

Asked by First-timer0409 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had terrible headaches with my second pregnancy. I mean all day everyday. I talked to my midwife and she suggested that I take Excedrin TENSION HEADACHE. It is the one in the purple box. And to take it with a large Mt Dew.

The TENSION HEADACHE is safe because it is only tylenol with added caffeine, since you are allowed to take tylenol you should be fine. Also the Mt Dew had added caffeine and together with the excedrin took care of all headaches I have had since.

excedrin headache Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've always had bad headache but this one is really getting to me thanks I will definitely do that
    First-timer0409

Comment by First-timer0409 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Could I also take regular tylenol the one in the red package
    First-timer0409

Comment by First-timer0409 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, you can take regular Tylenol. Aspirin should be avoided during the last trimester of your pregnancy and most exerdrins contain aspirin.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Tyenol or Tylenol PM is the only thing on my approved list. I would recommend PM and go to bed so that it will help you sleep it off. Tylenol doesn't help my headaches at all but the PM helps me with sleeping it off
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 12:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• In my experience regular tylenol does not work for me, nor does any other type of soda. I have tried all different combos, I have had severe headaches for all of my adult life, so I have tried them all. The Mt Dew and Excedrin Tension Headache work everytime.

Good luck!

PS... the Excedrin Tension Headache is the only one that does not contain aspirin.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010