Am I the only one who cried at the doctors cause of what the scale said?

I know its normal to gain weight during pregnancy, and I was no twig to begin with at 184, but most of my weight was muscle from working, but now that I'm at 28 weeks, the scale read 204 and I burst into tears! My doctor said its mostly from the baby and its normal but still....Has anyone else cried? Or am I just being a big baby?

ASemperFiBride

Asked by ASemperFiBride at 12:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't cry but I usually agrue with the nurse trying to tell her it is evil and I don't want to stand on it. They prob think I am crazy!
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 12:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I didn't cry today...but I did about three appointments back! lol. Luckily from my last appt to today (two weeks) I have only gained one pound...it is scary, the whole weight gain thing, but the end result is so worth it!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• That thing is evil! Its gotta be the worst part of the pregnancy exams is having to get on that stupid thing! Its as evil as when the doctor tells you 'cut back on every kind of food and juice you love.' My doctor told me to cut down my carbs to one slice of bread a day and water instead of fruit juice or anything else. I'm latin! One slice of bread and water? No fruit juice? When did I move into a jail and become a prisoner? If I could time travel, I would find the person who invented the stupid scale and I would smack them in the face with it! It was probably a man too! That would explain everything!
    ASemperFiBride

Comment by ASemperFiBride (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Nah! It pisses the med. assistant off too. She's jealous cause I can have two babies and still look good. And she actually said that. Which honestly, I don't really give a damn if it pisses her off cause I don't like her anyway. :)
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No I don't cry....you have to remember that there is a baby in there, amnio fluid in there, extra blood in there and not much of it is you.

I weigh 184 myself, and with my first pregnancy I started at about 190, and actualy weighed less at 9 months because of working out, roughly 180, and the day after having my son, I was wlaking down the maternity ward and saw a scale, I stood on it and it was down to 165, another 15 pounds from the baby (he was 6lbs 14oz at birth) and all the fluid. So a good 10-15 pounds of that weight is baby related NOT you
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Well the ideas about juice and the carbs is mainly that all carbs turn to sugar and what you don't burn turns to fat, and it can lead too GD (pregnancy diabetes)....I'm a type 2 diabetic and I only drink a tiny bit of juice when I'm feeling low, I eat whole grain carbs rather than white ultra processed carbs (which turn to sugar faster and are worse for you)! I eat roughly 100 grams of carbs a day as a diabetic, pregnant or not. And they are usualy whole grain carbs or a potato
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I gained 60LBS with both my kids.. I went from never being above 105 to 165 in 37 weeks... I cried, and laughed.
    Beanna4406

Answer by Beanna4406 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i did my 1st pregnancy im not gaining this go round so no crying yet
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I never cried. I gained 65lbs with my first!! Oh, well, sometimes you can't help it. Doesn't matter what you eat. This time I'm 37 weeks and I've only gained 21lbs. Doesn't bother me a bit!! Every pregnant mommy gains weight differently, don't let it get to you lol!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I didn't cry but I did tell my husband I would kill him if he even made so much as a sound after viewing the scale. He remained silent and to this day says he "doesn't remember" what it said...all three times! Try not to worry about it. I know the number seems big to you but you are pregnant and do not need to worry about that now! Just keep that baby warm and safe. =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010