I'm getting my IUD removed today.. a little nervous..

Ok, I'm getting it taken out after 2.5 years.. we're planning on TTC baby #2.

I'm really nervous about the procedure, and I'm REALLY nervous aboutt TTC! I want another baby, but I'm scared about it at the same time! Our DD is 2.5, potty trained, sleeping in her big girl (twin) bed all by herself. She's smart and fun and great. And our relationship is the best it is has ever been. I'm scared of the change.. but excited for the new adventure.

Anyone have advice to be less nervous about another baby? Or less nervous about the procedure?? :-|

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• The procedure is a piece of cake, another baby is a different story!

Answer by older at 1:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• What kind of IUD do you have? I had the mirena, and it was completely painless to have it removed. I didn't even realize it was out! And I think everyone is a little nervous about ttc another baby...it means big changes, but I am sure everything will be just fine! Good luck!!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I had the copper tip a few years ago. The removal was a lot less painful than getting it put in.

Good luck on your new life adventure!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The IUD removal is no big deal at all, it hurt less than having it inserted. As for baby #2, good luck! Pregnant and a toddler is tough, and I only did it with shared custody so it wasn't during my whole preganncy, I got breaks. Take good care of yourself, eat healthy foods, and nap when you can if you're feeling tired.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The procedure is seriously painless. SO much easier than having it put in! When they put it in, they have to clamp your cervix, measure your uterus, and get it through the cervix. All they have to do for removal is get the strings with ringed forceps (SMALL), and pull. Easy peasy!
    Yes, TTC is nerve-wracking, but it's also amazing! I remember the first time we had sex after the IUD was removed- it was SO weird to be having sex with NO birth control at all, and to not have that little thing in my mind saying, "Don't get pregnant!!"
    You have some time to prepare for baby #2's arrival. Try not to fret about it yet. You really will adjust just fine, I promise! =) Recruit all the help you can for the first weeks after arrival, and make sure you get plenty of rest, because having an infant and a toddler is tiring.
    Good luck, and happy humping! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• just relax life isnt life w/o changes :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010