Iron Defeciancy Anemia in Pregnancy....can it cause severe headaches.

I received a call from the dr. letting my know my iron level were low and that she wanted me to start taking an iron suppliment. I have been having severe headaches since monday, almost to the point of migraines and pain meds are not helping. I have not had a chance to get to the store yet to buy my iron suppliment and wasnt too concerned on rushing right out as my level were low but just barely below where she likes them to be. I just didnt know if anyone else has dealt with this, I was anemic with my first kid but dont remember having these bad headaches.

Anubis8733

Asked by Anubis8733 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am currently preg. and anemic and i get headaches like crazy my doctors told me with how low my levels are it is normal. So it might be for you to i have found taken a warm bath or a back rub does wonders
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 9:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I get headaches really bad and tend to be anemic during pregnancy..however my headaches are not exclusive to pregnancy.. So im assuming low iron or not, id have them anyways..

Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 9:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• not in take any sodium based products eat certain fishes more pinto beans potato asparagus lentials garbons beans all that stuff most you can stick in the crock pot and its great theres other foods on this websited that will helps the foods i posted our the ones our family eats but i would stay away from canned foods because of the persevitives

http://www.healthcastle.com/iron.shtml

GOOD LUCK Lots of hugs

Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2008