am i wrong for not wanting to my uncle before he dies

well hes dieing as i write this he probably wont make it through the night well in the past three years i've lost my older sis to breast cancer at 39 years old the same week my uncle past and three months later i found my mother dead in her bedroom and she was not even sick but they said it was a massive storke i think it was do to the fact that she never got over my sisters death and 2 years later my husband had a heart attack thank god he made it and this past september my father in law past away and do to this i get anxiety attacks now so am i wrong for not wanting to see him die?

mari2120

Asked by mari2120 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• No. You've been through a lot in a short period of time. Your heart can only take so much. Seeing him die isn't going to help you in any way. I don't blame you for staying away. Stay strong and keep your chin up. I'm glad your husband is okay.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Wow you have been through alot of deaths,and I can certainly see why you have anxiety attacks,if you dont feel up to seeing another loved one passing away that would be understandable,its a hard thing to I lost my dad 5 yrs ago and I miss him so much,I cant imagine losing so many loved ones as you have,I think you need some time to grieve for those already gone and your uncle would probably understand,Im sorry to hear about him,good luck to you.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 9:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• no but you might regret it later. maybe you could try since you would be able to walk away if you felt you had too. he would want to see you wouldn't he. dying sucks for us but not for them. they go to much better place.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I dont think you are wrong to not want to see him die...who wants to witness something like that? But I think you may regret not seeing him after he is gone..I would just go and be with him anyways...It may make him happy to see you there?
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Your losses are many but remember the time that they blessed you while they were here. This is why we all should embrace the moments we have with loved ones.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It may be important for him to have closure with his family before he leaves. If you can't stand to go in person, maybe call so he can hear your voice or send a note with someone. That way you won't regret not saying goodbye or telling him you love him.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• he is not awake he was put under 3 days ago
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i would sit down write on one paper on why you don't want to see him and then write on another paper on why you should see him.. then think about it for awhile or go do something like a nice hot bath or shower and look at it again. or you can take the paper to the hospital and read him what you are thinking before he does go away maybe he will give you a sign on how he knows you feel. i been threw this my uncle got hurt really bad by a drunk driver and i seen it happen but the thing is he was in a different car and i just drove on when i seen the cops but then i got a call about it and i didn't get to tell him how i loved him for being a great uncle and there was more to say but now it just wonders in my mind and even when i got to the spot where it happen...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2008