Do you consider cleaning your house excercise?

Like for reals? LOL I dont know about you, but I get all hot and sweaty cleaning my house, was thinking to myself this am if this could constitue as *some* exercise for the day haha. Whats your opinion?

Oh and no, we dont have our heater on so its not that I am hot from the heater being on...its only 66 out side and we have our windows open.

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I wouldn't say "oh yeah I worked out today - got the kitchen and the bathroom done!" but it is a great way to stay active and it does burn many calories so technically, it is a form of exercise.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• At this point in my pregnancy, going to the bathroom is exercise...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's not the same as hitting the gym, but I do consider my day more active when I have been cleaning. Especially now that my husband is home! Boy is he a MESS!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• honestly? sometimes yes! lol.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 1:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I definitely consider cleaning my house exercise, lol! I am 36 weeks pregnant, and after cleaning.. I am sooooo out of breathe and sweating, lol!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes I am acutally keeping track of my calories and excersice log at myfitnesspal.com and yes it talles you how much calories are burned with ligth to vigoruous cleaning. Depending on what you are doing ya know!
    bz-mom

Answer by bz-mom at 1:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• This type of activity does not get your heart rate high enough to consider it to be beneficial exercise but I guess it is better than nothing!

Answer by older at 1:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes! In fact, most websites where you can track exercise have "Cleaning" as an option! I wouldn't substitute it for my workout, but it definitely burns some calories!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yeah jessicarae787--I wasn't meaning like Id be like ok got my daily work out done, cleaned the kitchen, lol, that just sounds silly, but it does burn cals and you are staying active like you said.

lilmomma09--youre almost there then cleaning wont be so hard! Good luck with your new baby!
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Older-hahaha I was sweating cleaning my childrens bathroom today...we live in apartments and have the cheapest materials in here for counters/bathtubs, EVERYTHING sticks to them and you have scrub scrub scrub scrub hard to get it off. I do this once a week you'd be surprised how hard it is to get their bathroom to look clean. I HATE our apartments, its like you could scrub til your arm falls off and dirt will still be stuck on the tiles/counter/tubs, toilets...so i do consider it pretty intense, but not like running intense just cleaning intense. And our vacuum weighs a ton and is a dinosaur to push around so that too was making me sweat and get all hot and what not. I do consider this excersice, just not in the form of traditional exercise.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2010