Help, too much friend drama.

My bff is cheating on her husband and has been expecting me to help cover for her. Right now she is down in Tenn visiting her new bf but has everyone thinking she went to visit her brother. I am babysitting her dog cause she doesn't trust her husband with it, well I took both our dogs to my parents house to get my dad's help in grooming them and I had to lie to them about where she is and why I have the dog. I hate this, its too much drama for me and its making me crazy. She had been a good friend up until now but she is expecting way to much of me, I cant take it. idk if I should just walk away or if I should tell her to call me when the drama settles down. All I know is things cant keep on like this I have my own sanity and a family to worry about. She just has herself.

DianeMary

Asked by DianeMary at 1:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• This is just my opinion, but honestly right now she's showing who she really is. if she has no loyalty to her husband, why do you think she has any loyalty as a friend? Is her relationship with her husband a good one? I mean I could understand a little bit if it was an abusive relationship or something, but if she's in a good relationship with her husband (I mean, good on his part not hers obviously) and she's still doing this, then she obviously has issues.

I would tell her that after she gets back this time you want no contact with her until she can straighten out her drama and that you will not be covering for her anymore. i don't suggest telling her husband, leave that up to her. But let her know you will be no part of it, and you will not continue your friendship with her while she is expecting you to cover for her because that is NOT what friends are for. Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would stop covering for her and end the friendship until she learns that you are not a cop out excuse.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• When she comes back just tell her, her choices are hers and you cannot help her anymore with it. Tell her you wont tell anyone, but dont expect you to help her with hiding it. If she were a good friend she wouldnt expect such things anyway. Shame on her for even asking you to be involved in this mess.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would just come out and tell her that you aren't lying for her anymore..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• what a bitch!! You do not have to help her lie!! Tell her NO!!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• She doesn't trust her husband with the dog? He shouldn't trust her! I wouldn't have anything to do with it. If she is cheating on her spouse she is not a trustworthy person. You said she has been a good friend but I don't believe anyone that cheats on their spouse is honest with anyone. Maybe you just haven't caught her yet. Watch yourself =)
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 1:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would tell her that I am not going to lie for her anymore, and I can not keep covering her. And then, after I told her, I would be sure that I didn't and that I was open and honest.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• thank you for confirming what I wanted to do anyways. No she does not have a good relationship with her husband she intends to leave him but I would have felt better if she woulda just divorced him and then got the boy friend. Her husband is fridged they haven't had sex in years and he is verbally abusive or so I am told.
    DianeMary

Comment by DianeMary (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• This happened to me once and I had to say that I didn't want to hear any more about it. And I would not lie or cover for her. Her husband was my friend too and I couldn't deal with it. She honored my request and I never heard any more details about the affair. The affair lasted about 2-3 months, as far as I knew. She and her husband stayed together.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i would just step away and tell her u don't want to be apart of the drama b4 it back fires in ur face
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010