MY 2 YR OLD SON IS GETTING TUBES PUT IN HIS EARS WILL HE HAVE LESS EAR INFECTION???

lilfrankiemomma

Asked by lilfrankiemomma at 1:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• Yes!!! but I know how terrible you must feel, he will be ok mom!

Answer by older at 1:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• That's the goal. It is a very successful procedure. I'm sure he will be just fine, and will greatly reduce the number of ear infections. Hang tight, mama!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• That is the main reason to put P.E. tubes in. It drains the built up fl;uid from the middle ear so it can't just sit there and get infected, or cause pressure. My oldest son had 2 sets of tubes. My granddaughter had 2 sets of tubes. For each of them by the time the second tube displaced they had grown enough that they had no more ear infections.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• thanks moms' i'm a young momma so i'm looking for some support on here he had 3 ear infections back to back
    lilfrankiemomma

Comment by lilfrankiemomma (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If he does well with them then yes. They will make his ears feel much better and he will be much happier. :) My daughter unfortunately just had to get her second set because she had issues with one from the first set.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My pastors daughter had tubes put in and after a few months they fall out and then they have to go through the surgery all over again.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yes, My DD had them in at 18 months. They worked perfectly. She did get 1 infection, but it was treated with ear drops instead of oral antibiotics. The hardest part is not getting water in their ears while they have the tubes. Go to the baby section and get one of the visors that pulls over the head then back up over the ears to the hairline and use a cup to wash hair. We bought the $20 a pair of silicone ear plugs and basically had my dd scared of getting water in her ears. She is almost 6 and is still afraid of getting water in her ears. No more infections though!
    my2kidsma

Answer by my2kidsma at 2:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• my daughter had the tubes put in at 11months old and she got 2 more ear infections after that but nuthing like they were... the tubes let the infection come out unlike what happened before when it would be stuck in the inner ear causing lots of pain...she will hear clearly ..and lots of sounds she didnt hear before...good luck...it is a very fast procedure..
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010