Help my almost 5 month old isnt the same.

He has been really cranky the past two days. He has a stuffy nose and now started have runnie poop this morning. I have changed 4 dirty diapers just today and usually its one a day; not only is it runny but its yellow.
His drs you have to pay before your seen, and i have no money and his father walked out. My only option is the ER and itd rather know he has to go before i just go.

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• Don't worry, a stuffy nose doesn't sound like a reason to visit the doctor... and the runny poop isn't really either. It sounds like he just has a cold, and the mucus from colds can make little baby's bellies not feel well.

Watch for- a fever, signs of dehydration, listlessness.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• his temp has been 98 the past two days; usually it is 97; so i guess not bad. But his nose is getting to the point where i cant suction it out even, cuz it is so bad. And lastnight he started breathing really heavy.
    nikkik526

Comment by nikkik526 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Are you able to cal his doctor and talk to a nurse? I've done that plenty of times for my son and they never charge me. They can give you advice, though, based on his symptoms. Hope he's better soon!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It sounds like he's got a cold or something. When we don't feel well we tend to get a little cranky ourselves sometimes. That's his way of telling you I don't feel good, mom. Is he continuing to eat? The yellow I wouldn't worry about so much. Sometimes poop changes color a little if we're sick or depending on what we eat. But do check to see. Does the yellow look like pus? If that's the case, he may have an infection and you might just want to see a doctor. Monitor it for a day or so. If he becomes listless or pale, then get to a doctor do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars just go. Good luck, hon.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Keeps plenty of fluids in him! Go to Babycenter.com they have a place you can put in all types of symptoms and it tells you what is likely to be the source. On the yellow poo he probably ate something that is changing its color. When my LO drinks apple juice her stool gets runny and a little off. If you are very concerned it may be your motherly instincts in which case I would go on to the ER. Hope he gets better soon
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 1:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i say go speak with a pharmacist and maybe he can give you an idea with out going to the dr. sometimes they help with over the counter stuff. i would call the drs anyways and usually the nurse would speak with you. and they can't charge you for an conversation over the phone.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You can use saline drops or spray to help his nose drain, they are really cheap and work well. As long as his diarrhea doesn't last more than a couple days, he isn't dehydrated, his fever doesn't get really high, then you don't have to take him to the doctor. Another thing to watch for is appetite changes, as long as he is eating it's good. If he stops wanting to eat then he will ened to be seen.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• teething would be my guess

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• call your doctor and just ask..... i've never heard of a dr charging someone for some answers.
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 1:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Could be anything. Call your doctor and ask before you go in. Or choose another doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010