How do you keep your kids amused when the weather keeps you inside?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Shaving cream on the table (my children are still little) and then a nice bath after before naps :)
    Movies and popcorn
    puzzles , tents, legos
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My daughter doesn't wait for me to entertain her, which is good because that's not my job. She likes to play with her dolls, she loves to draw and color, she plays dress-up and listens to music, and she loves to read. Sometimes we'll watch a show or bake cookies together, but not to keep her amused.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• PS3

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• They love to color. I like to let them take extra long baths=)
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 1:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I got an art easel for him and that keeps him busy for a little bit. He likes to draw with chalk, crayons and he likes to paint. I read to him. & He usually can keep himself busy for a while with his toys, he has a great imagination. I do play with him with the toys as well. And we like to cuddle up and watch movies together :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• usually they play with their trains or cars. if they don't want to do that then i put on a cd and we dance, or we look at a movie. sometimes we bake cookies, but that is not helpful for my figure lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I usually only have my two youngest at home. They like to color, play play-do, play kitchen, watch movies, take showers or baths. The bigger two's favorite thing is the wii. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 1:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• art time. The sprout channel.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 1:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I am asking the same quesion cause have a 9,7,and 5 year old and just drove me crazy when had no school on friday. Then of course with holiday breaks and snow days. I plan to get some new items like crafts, play doh that is not dried out, supplies to bake and decroate cookies is a another good one they like. walmart does carry a new line of crafts for kids. I plan to get supplies soon to keep them busy. I would rather them do that then wii or computer all day.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i find coloring is a good pass time while at the same time a good oportunity to talk and laugh with your kids... when u start coloring the focus is on the page so they don't feel as uneasy and tend to speak a lil more freely
    Nair

Answer by Nair at 2:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010