Why do I always feel tired?

I get 7-8 hours of sleep a night but I always feel so tired. I drink coffee to keep myself going during the day but it really doesn't help! Any advice?

Latrisha
www.internetceomoms.com/Latrisha

tisha1030

Asked by tisha1030 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• Bad sleep hygiene? You need more or less sleep than you get? You're getting sick? You're pregnant? You need to exercise more? You need to drink more water? You need to drink less coffee? Your diet is out of balance?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You might be anemic. Have you had your iron level checked?
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Because I use all my energy to babysit 2 children a week and another one at night.
    Ganell87

Answer by Ganell87 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Talk to your doctor about Anemia. Low iron levels are the leading cause of exhaustion.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• There are many reasons for fatigue. The best bet would be to start with a visit to the doctor to rule some of those out.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I actually just went in a few weeks ago for all my "fun" female exams and I told the Doctor that I have no energy and am always tired. She drew my blood and as it turns out I'm anemic, my low iron was due to my heavy periods. Anyway, she put me on iron pills and I'm doing much better already. If you can, get to your Dr and have them draw blood, you could be missing important vitamins and minerals. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I was always feeling tired but never thought that I had sleep apnea. I had a sinus infection and went to the doctor who took x rays of my sinuses he found a cyst in there so I went to see ears nose throat doctor I ended up having a sleep study done and found out that I did indeed have sleep apnea!!! You just never really know what it is so I would definitely talk to your doctor and see what they say. GL

~Linda

http://LindasHomeCareer.com

Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 1:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I did not realize anemia could make me feel tired. No insurance so that is not an option right now! I think I may just need exercise. Or time away from the nanny job! lol Thanks for all the advice!
    tisha1030

Comment by tisha1030 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Since you don't have insurance do a little research on iron pills and maybe just buy some in the vitamin section. Or maybe a multivitamin may be enough for you to get what you need. But again, do some research to make sure you aren't getting too much of something.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• maybe try the health dept to see if they can check you out. it could be anemia, sugar issues, depression, thyroid, etc.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010