Birth Control

I've been off of my bc for a few months, and we've decided that I should go back on (were going to TTC, but have changed our minds). My period started Friday or Saturday, a week late (normal since my body is still trying to regulate, I'm guessing) - I wait until Sunday to start my new pack, right? Even though I'll be done with my period tomorrow or Wednesday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• I usually start the pill on the Sunday after my period starts. So if you started this past weekend, I would have taken the first pill yesterday.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Honestly you can start it at anytime. It will just change when you get your next period.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• See, I wasn't sure, because when I started it last time it was right after my son was born and I hadn't really had a period yet. Will it hurt anything to start on Sunday this week, or should I go ahead and act like I missed yesterdays and start now - you know, they say take the one when you remember (so take yesterdays now) and that day's when you normally would (so today's tonight)?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You can start it anytime right after your period ends. I was only told by one person to start on Sunday. Every other place that I've gotten BC from has just told me to start the day after the last day of my period.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• So if it ends on Weds or Thurs I take it then? When I was on it before it usually ended Friday and I started on Saturday - it worked for 2 1/2 years... Would it hurt to wait until Sunday (it just makes me more comfortable to start on Sundays, or it could just be my being OC)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• *started on Sunday, I mean, sorry
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• So I talked to my mom and she said to take one tonight, one tomorrow, and one tomorrow night, to catch up - is that okay? Will that work?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010