family

my sister in law had punched me in the face monday in front of my 5yr daughter and i called the cops, they didnt arrester her but gave her a ticket. im pressing charges againsted her for hitting me because she had no reason, im going to have her pay my ambulance bill, hospital bill and much more but need help any advice?

Edit 10/25/10

i have a temp restraining on her now go to court this friday 10/29 the insurance is taken care of my medical and ambulance ride, she also broke my neckless that my husband bought me for my bday idk wut else to do i want this bitch to pay i had to put of an job interview because of this shit and that doesnt make me look good

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Retraining order s good. Just keep your distance. Don't prolong anything, just been done with and it's good your medical expenses are covered. After the last court hearing never bother with her again if if it's ruled she doesn't get charged.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If it were me I would press charges against her as well. I would take pictures of my injuries, get a copy of the police report, gather up all the medical bills, and consult a lawyer about the situation.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• ive got pic, waiting on the copy of the police record, im waiting to hear for the da cause i am pressing charges
    angelnina8715

Answer by angelnina8715 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Why were you in an ambulance? And what is the reason she punched you? Even if you don't agree with the reason, there has to be SOME reason... and what does your husband say about his sister's behavior?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Well this all just sounds like a bunch of stupid drama that your SIL just needs to keep her hands on her own body. I agree there has to be SOME REASON that lead to the fact of you getting hit. I would also speak with a lawyer and press the charges. Once everything is said and done be DONE with her, it sucks for family gatherings that everyone will be invited together but that is one person that I would not my children to be around ever. What does other family members and your hubby have to say about all this bull shit that his drama queen sister has caused??
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Be a good role model to your children. Show them a healthy way to handle irrational situations and violent people. Make sure that anything you do is something you can be proud of and that your children can be proud of. Let your common sense and maturity take over when the temper starts to heat up. Good luck!
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 3:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• After the court date I would stayfar away from her and keep your daughter away from her too
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i was in an ambulance because my eye was so swallone shut i couldnt open it and i was dizzy after that so i had to go in to make sure there wasnt anything seriously wrong with me. and before she hit me i didnt know why she was all pissed off i later found out that her mom told her i was talking about her which i wasnt so it was a missunderstanding but still no reason to hit me. my husband is pissed off at his sister she could have handled things like an adult instead she wanted to act childish and hes not speaking to her, he rarely speaks to his mom now because shes trying to back out of things she said because she doesnt want her daughter mad at her and thinks i could have done things differently but yet she doesnt give 2 shits about me i had a very good relationship with my mother in law and now its all fucked. but i am making sure that what i said i was going to do is going to be done im not going to get hit in the face
    angelnina8715

Answer by angelnina8715 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• and tell her its ok cause its not and i havent even heard anyone say she feels sry for hitting me and she should because we were friends before i met her brother, but i guess she wasnt a good enough friend to think that i wouldnt talk about her, i wasnt able to work or go into interviews, my sons eye apt and my daughters dentist apt all cause of this and that shouldnt be fair to me that i have to miss out on my kids apt and jobs to support my family all cause she has to be childish i dont think so!
    angelnina8715

Answer by angelnina8715 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010