Does anyone else ever feel icky after putting lotion on?

If I put lotion or anything on after getting out of the shower, I feel icky shortly after, especially if I shower right before bed and put it on. The next morning I'll wake up feeling like I have to shower again. Am I just weird? The only exception is my facial moisturizer.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I feel like that too. I hate lotion and very rarely use it because of that yucky feeling. It feels like I have lard on my skin...YUCK!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Ditto poster! I hate using regular lotions...they feel so thick and gross. Like when I went to a department store to get the "good" makeup and she put it on and was like, its got silicone in it and I was like....like BOOB silicone? lol. It was so gross!
    The only lotion I use is Mary Kay timewise moisturizer. It is so light and makes my skin soooo soft for days! I think they have a body version too. You can go to marykay.com to find a local provider if you're interested :)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i agree and what i do is actually put lotion on IN the shower... and rinse... that way i don't feel so yucky... i know that it is cutting down on the moisturizing power of the lotion, but it makes me feel SO much better.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No! I love lotion! I have been slathering it on since I was a teenager and cannot go without it. I even go as far as anytime any part of my body gets wet I have to apply more to that area. lol 

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Nah. Only in the summer, when its so humid you just sweat all the lotion off and become slimy. Ew. Wintertime though, I love it.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Depends on the condition of my skin. In the winter months when my skin is dry, I love lotion. But when it's hot and humid, I can hardly stand to have it on my skin.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yea especially on my hands.
    sammyjoG

Answer by sammyjoG at 12:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010