What's your favorite birth control? Which one has really worked for you?

Right now I'm abstinent and its working just fine for me :D Need to figure out a good BC before hubby returns here in a few months :) Don't want to get pregnant again right when he gets back from deployment.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• Vasectomy! It was incredibly easy and pain free. For me, anyway. :D For him... he whined like a little baby about having a huge needle stabbed into his nether regions.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Before I had DD, I was on Seasonale and loved it. After DD, all the hormonal BC really messed me up so I am charting instead.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Lol, I got my tubes tied! :P But I don't recommend it unless you're done! lol

Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Watching other people's kids worked pretty well for me. I don't even want to go near a man after watching someone else's kids. lol
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I love Yaz!! Its worked wonders for me, and never caused me to gain weight.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The only kind that I've found that works well for me and my body is Yasmin. I've tried 6 kinds of pills, I think, the Depo shot, and the Mirena. The Mirena almost put me in the hospital multiple times and the Depo has the same hormone, but it hasn't effected me nearly as bad. The other pills made my cramps even worse than they are naturally, made me gain weight, and I broke out all the time. Yasmin has been great for me, but everyone is different. It's really about trial and error.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I was on Mirena (IUD) for over a year, and had irregular spotting 2-3 times a week with 5-7 day light periods They said the spotting would go away, but it didn't. I had it removed, and had a tubal.
    my2kidsma

Answer by my2kidsma at 2:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i have used a few and my favorites were nuva ring and now I have Mirena. Nuva ring was pretty no-fuss you put it in for 3 weeks and take it out for a week...only issue I had with it was that i could occasionally feel it if I didnt place it just right, but it was an easy fix. Mirena has been great for me so far, I have had a little bit of changes in my skin with it getting oily and a little acne but I changed up the scrub that I use on my face and it seems to be helping. My major complaint was getting it in was a little more painful than expected....its good for up to 5 years.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Um serioussifL.... hasn't YAZ had a ton of issues and bee in the news and such?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• DEPO shot. LOVED it. For as many people that I see complain about it, it was my favorite and worked the best for me.
    Anonymous