Premature menopause

I have been told at age 36 I am in premature menopause because I did not respond to 2 cycles of ovarian stimulation and my estrogen levels are not above 30. Anyone know of any natural or alternative remedies that may stimulate the ovaries to produce more eggs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Your ovaries can't produce more eggs. You're born with all the eggs you're ever going to have. Sorry to tell you this. When they're gone, they're gone.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous is correct, but if you do have any more eggs, your OBGYN can do surgery to remove them and perform in vitro.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Not a natural solution, but if you have not tried higher doses of more powerful stimulating drugs and consulted with a reproductive specialist you might want to check into that. Both my OB/GYN and my RE told me they suspected premature ovarian failure when I was 32 to 34 years old. I didn't respond to Clomid or to Clomid with low doses of Repronex and my estrogen was pretty low (don't remember the exact number, but definitely under 30). My RE did some other blood tests and said they didn't support a diagnosis of premature ovarian failure. I ended up using the highest dose of Repronex with IUI to conceive. If you have already exhausted these options, I am sorry.
    Anonymous

• So did you end up conceiving ?- I am getting a second opinion with another doctor who is switching me to higher dosages. I had done Bravelle and Menopur on the first trial then I did Repronex and Follistim on the second trial. I had ovarian cysts removed they were dermoid cysts on both ovaries and was told that may have affected normal function of the ovaries
    Anonymous

• I did get pregnant with the higher dose and IUI. When I read your question I felt your pain. I had several indications of early menopause, but my FSH was still in the ok range. After failing to stimulate with lower dose drugs my RE started talking about donor eggs and my head started spinning - I just wasn't ready to go there. She was trying to reassure me that there was still hope even with ovarian failure, but it mostly terrified me. She retested my FSH and since it looked ok we decided to try again with a higher dose. I think fertility treatment is much more an art than a science; I hope your new doctor is an artist! Good luck!
    Anonymous